Don't know how about you, but I hate boring salads...
I like em spicy, juicy, flavorful and packed with nutrients! Spend an extra minute peeling fresh ginger and turmeric and you won't regret it...
- 5 fresh cucumbers
- 3 cups boc choy (spinach / pea shoots / other dark leafy greens)
- 5 Tbspn roasted sesame seeds
- 3-4 cups soybean or mung bean sprouts
- soy sause
- 2 Tbspn wasabi
- 2 Tbspn minced garlic
- 1 tspn black pepper
- 2 Tbspn sesame seed oil
- 4 Tbspn freshly ground ginger root (can use dry, but fresh ginger is the secret ingredient here!)
- 2 Tbspn freshly ground tumeric root
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbspn agave or honey
- peel layers of cucumbers with the potato skin peeler
- lightly chop spinach
- mix the spices and sauces evenly and add toss till veggies are evenly coated
- pair with your favorite protein & serve! I love this one with air fried tofu or seitan or TVP.